24" Monitor for Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Locker, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Locker macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a 24" monitor to play an Xbox 360 on. My requirements are:

- 24" Display.
    - No noticeable lag/ghosting.
    - HDMI input.
    - Under £250

Does anyone have any suggestions? There are so many to choose from! So far I've had my eye on the Samsung SyncMaster T240...

2. aerowave macrumors member

I've got the SyncMaster T240HD, as I can use DVI for my MBP and component for the xbox 360 (I have an original 20gb one, before HDMI) The HD can do 1080p, I'm not sure if the normal T240 can. I got mine from Novatech for ~£300, but I have seen it around for cheaper recently. I don't notice any lag or ghosting and colours seem good too. There's also loads of inputs HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, Scart and also has Freeview & analogue tv built in too, and a CI slot.

3. Locker thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm, I've just read that the T240 doesn't have 1:1 pixel mapping. That's a bit of a put-off as I wouldn't want all of my games stretched/distorted in any way. Perhaps I need to find a monitor with a 1920 x 1080 resolution.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have BenQ E2400HD and use my PS3 and iMac with it. 1080p, HDMI, built-in speakers, all for 220€.

5. aerowave macrumors member

You can put it into either "16x9" mode which will give you true 1920x1080, but you'll have the black bars at the top/bottom of the screen, or "Wide" which will fill the screen but you'll lose what goes off the screen at the left and right.

6. Locker thread starter macrumors 6502

That's only on the HD model you have though, and to be honest I'm not in need of the TV tuner/speakers...

Another monitor I've just come across is the Dell S2409W. Anyone seen one of those?

7. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

I'm using the 25" HP W2558HC with 2 HDMI Inputs with my Mac mini & have seen video games played on it. Outstanding would best describe it. I got it as a gift last Christmas from Bestbuy. So I'm not really sure who still carries it. However, It is worth every dollar. Give it a look If you can.

This things rocks the Apple monitors to sleep.:)