24" or 30" ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MAcNIAC, Oct 17, 2007.

1. MAcNIAC macrumors regular

I want a new external monitor to connect to my MBP, and not sure what to get.

In reality I spend a heap of time word processing and web surfing. My more demanding tasks are some digital photography and some multimedia programming (both hobbies - now).

What is it like looking at text on these monitors and how do they compare for that purpose. What will they be like to use for long periods looking at text? How do you use them for text - anyone rotate the 24 to portrait mode? or do you put 2 pages side by side?

While obviously the 30 would be better than the 24 for Photoshop and Director - the price difference is rather large. How much better is the 30 for Photoshop and Director?

Really i'm just after general impressions from people who have a 24, a 30, or both!

Thanks

2. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Bigger screen, higher res. More res equals more stuff on screen equals more "productivity". If you can swing a 30, get a 30. You won't be dissapointed.

3. Nightfall macrumors newbie

:)A 30 inch is also nice for sitting back in a small room and watching movies. No problem with reading text. Just change the resolution. With "Spaces" coming in Leopard I think the 30 would be put to even better use.I hope you can grab one.:D

4. MAcNIAC thread starter macrumors regular

dont LCD's look blurry at non native resolutions ?
    do you mean zoom in on the text?