24" Thunderbolt Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sluggyman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Sluggyman macrumors member

Do you think we will ever see a 24" model? I mean they did have a 24" once but do you think they would and could produce a 24 and 27 thunderbolt?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the previous 24" led display existed when the imac topped out at 24". with the lineup of the imacs currently being 21.5"/27", i think we're more likely to see a 21.5" display over a 24" model. but i doubt that would even happen.

3. mac26 macrumors 6502

If only they made a 21.5" model for around $500-$600 to target the people who can't shell out $1k.
    I would camp outside the Apple Store as soon as Tim Cook or another VP announces it! :)

4. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

I'd buy a 21.5" - 24" Thunderbolt display if it was available.

The 27" is good but just too big and expensive for me. Will hold off buying a new monitor until Apple makes the probable announcements of new Mac stuff in the next few months.

5. drdimento macrumors newbie

i wished it was a 24". i mean why would they drop to a 21.5 that i think NO ONE has in the market otherwise. a 24" is soooooo perfectly common to so many people. i have a 27" thunderbolt and really its just too big for me. if there was a 24" imac and 24" thunderbolt or just 24" display (usb even) I'd move on that package OH and IF it was i7 and SSD. why doesn't the iMac's allow SSD's? i converted my MacBook Pro to a MacSales SSD 6.0 and WOW what a difference in heat and performance (speed) I'd never go back to a spinning drive in a laptop. Think about it, a moving part in a laptop is the worse idea of all place for a HDD.

6. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

I think 21" would be more likely than 24".

Side note: I would buy a 21" if it came out for 599-649 USD

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

24? I vote for 30. When editing photos and doing other graphics work. It is had to have a screen that is too large.....provided it is high resolution and calibrated.

8. bjm2660 macrumors 6502

An alternative

Materials needed:

27 inch Thunderbolt Display
    Duck Tape

9. drdimento macrumors newbie

well after getting the TBD back, i think i'll just keep it biggie size and all. and besides it matches the i7 imac im thinkin about :)