24' Used/Refurb iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Cricketman, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Cricketman macrumors regular

Hey guys

I'm in the market for a new desktop PC and am looking at the iMac. However, I do have some price constraints and would like to keep it to around $850. Is this a plausible price for the last gen, 24' iMac? Do they even sell them for that price?! I noticed that they sell Macbook's (refurb) for around that and since the imac is around the same price....

I'm also looking at the base Mini (2GB Ram, 160GB HDD). I want this to last a few years, so if I can pick up an iMac for $250 more that would be great.

Thanks

2. connormurray macrumors newbie

connormurray

I'd say you're setting your budget pretty low for a 24' iMac, but the 24" may be a little more appropriate :p

You may wanna check out MacMall or Mac Connection for prices. Also, if you're near a NFM at all check them out too. I got a good deal when I bought my iMac and MBP together...something like $300 off for getting them at the same time. Good luck!

3. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

Woops, what a typo! Although how awesome would a 24 foot iMac be?! :eek:

Thanks for the links, i'll be sure to check them out. Has anyone scored an iMac for around this price?

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

$850 sounds low...I don't think I've ever seen any last gen 24" refurbs at that price. If you want to stick to that budget your best bet is ebay or craigslist.