2405fpw dell setup pics?

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
799
1
Orlando, FL
Ive seen alot of pics online but its hard to get a feel for how they really look so post your setups that contain the new 24" dell moniter.
 

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
799
1
Orlando, FL
yes, you can buy them on dells site, and many ppl say that they have gotten them already. so lets see um.
 

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
799
1
Orlando, FL
for some reason no one likes responding to my threads.... I know there are several of these new LCD's out there, but ppl just dont post them.. :(
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,077
1
London, England
Spock said:
I'm sorry did I miss the name change to dellrumors?
No, you didn't. But when Dell offer a display for over $700 less than Apple, of equal quality and actually better specd (ports, warranty), those of us with open minds can accept that they are offering a great product for great value.
 

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
365
0
Las Vegas, NV
Impressive :) Great us of MS paint too lol

SHame its got equal res to the 23"... Thats the only dissapointing thing to be fair...
 

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
826
0
they are really huge, but wouldnt people like to have two 20 inchers rather than one 24 incher?? its the same price..
 

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
3,399
489
NorCal
jer446 said:
they are really huge, but wouldnt people like to have two 20 inchers rather than one 24 incher?? its the same price..
Depends on the person. But yea, I would agree with you. Two 20" displays have more screen real estate than one 24" display.



Off topic: jer446, if I may ask, were you a member of the older TechTV messageboards? I know I've seen that username before. If you weren't then someone used that exact same user name over there.
 

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
826
0
actually yeah, thats me lol i am from the tech tv boards.. i still post there once in a while... but its so slow.. and rarely get a good responce..
 

Spock

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2002
1,778
721
Vulcan
edesignuk said:
No, you didn't. But when Dell offer a display for over $700 less than Apple, of equal quality and actually better specd (ports, warranty), those of us with open minds can accept that they are offering a great product for great value.
Yes I know I was just playing around it is a good looking display
 

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
1,701
0
Nottingham
edesignuk said:
OK, not mine, but holy crap. I wish it was, my 2005FPW is feeling very small :eek:

<snip enormous picture>
Yeah, but don't you just love the whole faux-aluminium grey plastic theme this joker has?

I'm totally jealous. I'd adore a 20, or 24" - but I'd certainly not base my entire many-thousands-of-dollars-worth investment around the DELL corporate colour scheme.
 

SonComet

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2004
21
0
brap said:
Yeah, but don't you just love the whole faux-aluminium grey plastic theme this joker has?

I'm totally jealous. I'd adore a 20, or 24" - but I'd certainly not base my entire many-thousands-of-dollars-worth investment around the DELL corporate colour scheme.
It's mere coincidence that the colors match... I personally love my bluetooth dinovo and can see why he would enjoy and want to own his rf model. Does wanting a keyboard that only comes in one color mean that it was intentional? I can't believe you would base your hardware purchases on color over function when no other comparable product exists...
 

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
2,381
31
.dan said:
Nah, it's the cordless notebook version (you can tell from the colour) which was about $125 last I checked.
Nope, its a logitec one...

I was thinking of getting it and settled on the Apple keyboard - saved some money (Amazon certificate vs. saved up money)
 

Rocky3478

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
115
0
.dan said:
uhm, yeah I know. I was just saying it was the cheaper notebook version rather than the more expensive $200 bluetooth one.
I didn't know that there was 2 different versions out!!! Thanks for the info!!! :)