24th - confirmed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ttudboz, Feb 19, 2015.

1. ttudboz macrumors newbie

Seems like there isn't that much info out there for an event that is supposed to happen Tuesday. Any confirmation that I just missed??

I am cross shopping an XPS 13 (the new one) but Apple's touchpad is to die for.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There isn't any event on the 24th. I don't think I've even seen rumors of a minor refresh that might just show up without an event, so I'd say there is a 99% chance of nothing happening Tuesday.

3. Nee412 macrumors 6502

If there was an event planned for Tuesday 24th then invitations would have gone out already. It would be on the front page with a timer, and there would be a tone of discussions about a possible live feed. Unfortunately no. There's no event happening next week.

We might see a silent update to the current MBA line though, but this won't include a retina model.

4. ttudboz thread starter macrumors newbie

why do they have to be so secretive! lol

I guess so guys like me will go ahead and buy the old one right up until the new announcement :)

I hate to say this because it makes me feel slimy but I feel like getting a current gen and just returning it when the new one comes (hopefully within 45 days, best buy premier silver ftw!)

:p:p:p:p

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Minor refreshes happen all the time without an event, plus there have been plenty of rumors about it.

----------

Well you only have to hold out for a few more days.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Where was one of the rumors pointing to it being this tuesday?

7. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

8. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

Right here on mac rumors. Although this says a spec bump to the MBA will be released with no town hall meeting.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/09/macbook-air-update-february/

My bet is the MBA spec bump will happen at the same time as the rMBA release. Apple would have a lot of unhappy customers if they updated the MBA line, and then released the rMBA 1-2 months later.

9. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I suppose they could release the 12-inch rMBA without an event, but would they?

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I guess I missed that one, so I guess there is a chance that Apple will do a small update, if they do I wouldn't expect a 12" MBA anytime soon though.