25 Best Mac Set-ups

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TravisReynolds, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm only impressed with the 3 x 30" ACD setup. Otherwise, they were pathetic.

2. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I actually liked the ones with a 30" ACD and 2 x 20" ACD's...Hadn't thought of doing a set up like that, but looks very nice

3. TravisReynolds thread starter macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

What do you mean they were all pathetic? Do you have a better one?

4. tonster macrumors newbie

I agree, but would say that pathetic was a harsh choice of words. Less the setup with 3 x 30" ACD, all the other setups were nice, but nothing amazing. No different than the other setups you would find in the countless number of threads in the picture galley forum.

5. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

I liked #7 as well as the 3 X 30". There was a running 165C Powerbook and either an 86 or 9600 there. Makes me feel kind of nostalgic for my 170 PB and 9500 PM.

edit: Checking out Super Collider's Flickr site, the '9600' is a G3 Power Mac with a similar case. I had a 400 mhz Sonnet G3 in my 9500.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

7. sared macrumors newbie

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Travis, I don't want to offend you but you've not searched very long for your choices. Some, nay most, of them are pretty poor and the best ones are as old as the hills around these parts.

Some are messy, old technology and pretty poor in general. When you factor in that a load of the images are missing with bandwidth problems... pretty average posting.

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

#22.

...that first one was a joke. He's got this big honkin' monitor and a Mini to power it :D I'd put more moolah into the computer first.. priorities!

10. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I agree with those that said that these set-ups aren't particularly amazing. No offense to the OP but the majority of them are very much average as they are cluttered and aren't particularly creative. The ones I found to be above average were generally the ones with multiple ACDs like the ones with 2 23" and the 1 30". In my opinion there are some much better set-ups just in the setups thread on here. Someone posted this in the setup thread and I find it to be really great:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

None of those setups hold a candle to this:
    [​IMG]

Or this:
    [​IMG]

Or this:
    [​IMG]

Or this:
    [​IMG]

12. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

It's just like taking a look at one of the 7 "Post your setup" threads in the picture section here on MR.

13. samiwas macrumors 65816

My god, number 3 is AMAZING. It's a monitor...and a KEYBOARD.. on a DESK!

Yeah, I really don't get what is so amazing about some of these setups. Makes me cringe to think about what a "normal" setup is!

14. therealdt macrumors regular

Can I have my 10 minutes back. I would like to see your top 10 worse setups.

15. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

16. shecky Guest

shecky

i think its a particularly lame and uninteresting attempt to drive traffic to your blog.

17. TravisReynolds thread starter macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

well you guys don't have to be negative. At least I contribute to the Mac world. What do you guys do? Nothing. So shut it.

18. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Now you've dug your own grave. :eek:

19. shecky Guest

shecky

actually, all you do on your "blog" is regurgitate what every other mac blog and mac news source has posted.

so get some original content up and then you can tell us to shut it. if criticism bothers you so much, then don't post asking for opinions.

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hmm among many things, we are part of an online support forum known as macrumors. we tend to help those with mac problems:rolleyes:

seriously....

agreed. nothing special at all

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

There were a couple of really nice setups, most of them were not anything that got me that excited. Thanks for sharing them with us TravisReynolds. :)

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would say they're all decent, the ones I could see that is, but to me a great setup has nothing to do with how much crap you have, it's all in how conducive it is to working at your desk in complete comfort.

I am in total agreement with 11800506, the above images are indeed nice. A very nice, comfortable setup for working.

Note to the author, when discussing the 25 best of anything, it may be prudent to host the photos on a server that'll support the hits. :D

23. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

They're nothing special really, just quite clean looking. It doest really take much effort to just search "mac setup" on flikr. Not sure about the one with all the various laptops and powermacs, thats not really a setup, more a collection!

I think you could find some better contenders here on the Post Your Pictures thread, always makes interesting viewing.

24. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

You asked for opinions. You also asked for something better. Browse through the various Mac threads here and you'll find better. Flicker? Hahahaha...