25% Brighter Claim Software Driven?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigSky20, Sep 25, 2016.

1. BigSky20 macrumors regular

I purchased a 256 GB matte black iPhone 7+. I compared the screen to my iPhone 6+. My iPhone 6+ was brighter then the iPhone 7 Plus, and sharper. The iPhone 7+ was a lot warmer. (The good thing is you can finally adjust the tint in iOS 10, so I did not mind). My iPhone 6 Plus was running iOS 9.

I ended up taking back two iPhone 7+ because of the annoying coil whine and hissing in the videos. Long story short, is that I decided to keep my iPhone 6S+ until Apple fixes the noise issue.

Before taking my second iPhone 7+ back, I updated my 6S+ to iOS 10. This could just be me, but I swear the iPhone 6+'s screen became less bright and had a warmer tone to it.

Could Apple be using software to backup their claim? I would hope not. Anyone else experience this? Maybe that is why they want you to upgrade to iOS 10 before the new phones come out.

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

Did you check the brightness level in settings?

The 7 is brighter but the highest brightness is only available if auto Brightness is enabled to avoid the screen permanently and depleting the battery.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above. The user adjustable brightness isn't the max setting.

4. BigSky20 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I had them both on max brightness and tried it both on and off auto brightness. Probably hard to know for sure if the auto brightness kicked it up to the higher brightness or not. Let's put it this way. The highest user brightness was higher on my 6S+ on iOS 9 vs iOS 10.