25 hours til "it" comes out...

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
no im not talking about powermacs or powerbooks.. im talking about "it"

ok i dont know what it is... do you ? http://www.whatis-it.com

my friend sent me this site.. asking if i know what "it" is.. im pretty sure this is something from ebay.. maybe launching a new services on the 20th ?

i thought i would share it.. what do you think ?

good marketing at the least.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
rock6079 said:

my friend sent me this site.. asking if i know what "it" is.. im pretty sure this is something from ebay.. maybe launching a new services on the 20th ?

Got me interested.

Anybody driven through the desert near Tucson and seen all those signs for "THE THING"??? There are (i'm not joking) at least 2 billboards per mile for 50 miles. It's crazy. And you drive by the place that "THE THING" is being kept in and it's a crazily-painted double-wide trailer. I think i heard it was some fake mummified baby or something like that. ...anyways.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
rock6079 said:

Considering that its ebay's colors.
Considering that its hosted by their ad agency.

Probably yes.

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
pdpfilms said:
Got me interested.

Anybody driven through the desert near Tucson and seen all those signs for "THE THING"??? There are (i'm not joking) at least 2 billboards per mile for 50 miles. It's crazy. And you drive by the place that "THE THING" is being kept in and it's a crazily-painted double-wide trailer. I think i heard it was some fake mummified baby or something like that. ...anyways.
Haha, yeah, i've seen "The Thing" signs. When you get closer to it, there are multiple signs separated by no more than 100 feet. It's rather funny.

daniel

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
dornoforpyros said:
Considering this is the first I've heard of it and there's just over a day left I'd say this was very ineffective in creating buzz. just my two cents.
Yeah, me neither, and I'm practically addicted to the net. If I haven't seen it, surely the ad wasn't effective at luring their target market....."computer nerds."

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
dferrara said:
What the fsck? It looks cheesy and stupid.
:rolleyes: Honestly, how old are you?

Doesn't seem like it was very effective, I never saw it anywhere on the net or anywhere on TV. I am kinda curious what it is, now though.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
It's the Osbourne 3. But don't buy that one, the Osbourne 4 will be so much better.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Wow.. those are some horrible fake tv shows.
I'll agree, this marketing campaign has about as much appeal as Ebay's front page.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
watcher2001 said:
Reminds of an old saturday night live skit.. kinda went..

What the heck is that???

Oh I know what that is..

What the heck is that???
It was...

what the hell is that?

oh i know what that is..

wait... what the hell is that!?

something like that