Carrier $25/mo UNLIMITED everything (Iphone 5S)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itouchaddicted, Sep 6, 2013.

1. itouchaddicted, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

itouchaddicted macrumors regular

Hello guys,
    I am a college student with an iphone 4 currently, getting iphone 5S on release day. I was just browsing for cheaper prepaid carriers for my GSM unlocked iphone 4 and found this carrier called LYCAMOBILE http://www.lycamobile.us/en/ .
    Basically they are a new company in US and work on t-mobile networks.
    For $25 their website offers
    Unlimited Texting, no MMS but if you add simple mobile MMS APN you get MMS
    Unlimited Calling
    Unlimited data (first 50mb on 4G, then you get throttled to 3G speeds)
    You also get free 250 minutes every month for international countries

No taxes/fess and free shipping

Even though it says it is a $29 plan but once you order it online, it only costs you $25 and it is also $25 every month, I guess its a system glitch? idk

So I gave this a try and so far I am VERY IMPRESSED. So if you have a good t-mobile network in your area, you should give it a try. I also ported my number successfully, their customer service is great and you always get some sexy British representative in seconds as its a British company.

Just wanted to share this with anyone who might be interested in cutting their monthly bills. If anyone has any questions or doubts, message me and I will be more than happy to share my experience.
    Cheers

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Thanks for the heads up :)

T-mobile has the $30/mo plan with 5GB of data and only 100 minutes. For those that need more calling minutes for under $30/mo this could be a great option.

Also for those reading, Virgin Mobile (uses Sprint Network) also has a $30/mo plan for iPhones that gives you 300 min, unlimited texts, and 2.5gb of high speed data.

3. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

yes, i had this $30 t-mobile plan and quickly realized it wasn't for me!!

4. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

25 dollar per month....here we pay 40 euro (53dollar) a month for unlimited calling and texts and unlimited 3g data in the netherlands.
    At other carriers you get 4-6gb for 35-40 euro on 4g - but iphone 5 not supported for 4g.

5. EGamComp macrumors newbie

Thanks for the share. I'm only concerned about the 4G to 3G throttle considering 50MB goes by quite quickly. And, T-mobile service isn't exactly superb in my area (I have T-mobile, currently No Service but that changes).

6. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

If I could get tmobile I would switch. For now ill have to stick with straight talk since the iPhone uses Verizon towers I am good.

7. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Seems sketchy to me. And if you're planning on getting the 5S on launch day you're going to have to switch back to a major carrier.

8. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i just realized that apple wont release the unlocked version/off contract iphone on launch day so I might have to wait couple months? i guess

And its not sketchy, i am using this right now and it works flawless for me!!

9. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

seem like it would work like a charm now since the unlocked/off contract version is being sold on sept 20th!!

10. skimcpip macrumors regular

50MB is useless but at least it doesn't throttle you to edge.

11. ios7geek macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump an old thread but I registered just to ask mainly how you got mms to work because I tried the settings with no luck

12. rockitdog macrumors 68020

No thanks, I'm not willing to use a 5S on 3G speeds... seems like a contradiction to me.

----------

Or so they say.... But still, do you really want to even go back to 3G speeds?

13. Furifo macrumors 6502

Nothing wrong with 3G speeds... :p

Screenshot_2013-11-23-17-15-21.png

14. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

To each his own. We added my mom to our plan last year as a Christmas gift. She uses anywhere from 100mb to 350mb (must have been a CRAZY month lol). I am willing to bet that she is the type of user this plan is geared towards.

I'd probably jump on something like this (rather the TM $30 deal, since it is easy to just walk into their stores and get taken care of) but reception in Boston-metro was terrible in my experience.

----------

I can only assume they would consider those 4G speeds (HSPA vs HSPA+) based on the original post.

15. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Yeah but most people won't get those speeds on an HSPA+ network at all times. That speed is faster than the LTE I get on my device which I wouldn't count on being the norm...

16. 617aircav Suspended

Whats the contradiction here?

17. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Having a blazing fast device and not being able to fully take advantage of said device on an outdated slow network.

18. 617aircav Suspended

Im using my 5s on aio wireless with 250mb high speed and unlimited at reduced speed. I take full advantage of my phone without issues. Emails, social media, music streaming, imessage etc The only thing that slows down is youtube and streaming video which i can do on wifi.

19. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Sounds like the sob story of the average Sprint/TMobile customer :D

20. MarvelouzV macrumors member

there's no way in hell you do music streaming on Edge or "reduced speed". when I stream music even at 3G speeds my songs keep pausing to load every few seconds. it's so annoying. keep in mind, wi-fi is not available everywhere, so no, you're not taking "full advantage" of your device.

21. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Not this T-Mobile customer! I'm quite happy with my T-Mobile LTE Speeds!

22. Farplaner macrumors 6502

Just wondering, is this actually taken from a phone on this carrier being throttled?

23. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Same, I have my Retina Mini and 5S on T-Mobile and can not be happier!

Attached Files: