$25 to whoever can solve my ipad/iphone google.com group contacts problem!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by atwnsw, Jun 11, 2016.

1. atwnsw, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

atwnsw macrumors newbie

Current working situation: I coordinate operate a group of volunteers who are constantly changing. On an almost daily basis I will add people to different groups and send emails to the groups regularly. For now I have been managing the group contacts and emails from my desktop on google.com but will be traveling for 3 weeks in July and need to be able to access/edit these groups and send emails to these groups while on the road.

Desired solution: On either my Ipad or Iphone I want to be able to access, edit and send group emails from groups created and/or maintained under my google.com account on my desktop. In addition I want these changes to automatically sync with google.com contact groups so that all the changes are reflected simultaneously.

I would prefer not to go to the extreme of running a Microsoft Outlook Exchange server and would prefer trying to find an app/software/configuration (under $25 purchase) that will accomplish my goal.

Here is my setup:

Windows 7 using Google Chrome.

Ipad/Iphone running latest IOS. Under Settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" I have logged into my primary gmail account and have selected the toggle switch for Mail/Contacts/Calendars. In addition I have added an account for Google Contacts listed with the Cardav Account Information which logs into my google.com account for contacts.

Gmail is running Imap. Also, I have used both the default email app as well as iOS Gmail app without resolution.

I am not sure what forum/website would be logical to post or ask for help. Apple forums tend not to offer "work arounds" to google issues.

Any direction to finding a forum/tech solution would be appreciated. Again I will gladly pay $25 to anybody for a solution.

Thanks

Anthony

P.S. One option that is a "worst case" scenario is to surf to www.google.contacts.com to access the list and edit. Ideally I would love to find a solution within my email account or iOS Gmail app that allows me to view emails along with Groups....

2. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

You might have better luck removing the monetary reward. $25 isn't much, but people like helping others for the sake of being helpful.

---

A possible solution: have you tried Google Groups? groups.google.com

It would sync in the cloud, and be accessible on any computer (iPad, iPhone, etc.) that has a browser.

If this helps, keep the $25 :p

3. atwnsw, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

atwnsw thread starter macrumors newbie

Using www.contacts.google.com I can edit the contact list so that is a partial solution. The other solution which finally occurred to me was to download an app so that my portable device operate like a desktop when browsing.

Problem solved.

Thx

4. xerxers macrumors member

Would like to suggest an apps the creates and then allows you to use group emails.

MailShot.

No I don't work for them but user this apps frequently.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Can you not just access your Google account from Safari on your mobile device?

6. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

You could even save the Safari page to your Home Screen as an "app"...