Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
The Safari Text Size > [A][A]

I usually read with 3 clicks up from default, but sometimes if my eyes are tired, I'll go 4 clicks up. Assuming that you use the Safari Browser, how about you? :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
If you take it all the way down to where "Make text smaller" is greyed out, I go three clicks up from there.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
As with most of my system, this is left at the default. I'm pretty sure the Mac engineers had a picture of me on their desk when they designed OSX.

L

Lau

I read it at default size, but have my default text set to 14pt rather than 16pt. It might be because I've got a laptop that I use on my lap though — it's always close to my face. :D

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California

Attachments

• Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 53
L

Lau

Chundles, I hope to God you are kidding me.

I just added the thing to the address bar and I do the same — three clicks up from greyed out is default for me. Are you sure you do 3 clicks up from default? That's pretty huge text (see attachment).

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 242

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Um, no. Why? My appearance settings are the same as yours. If I go six clicks up from where I am now, the "Make Text Bigger" option is greyed out.

Well I brought the text down to where you said "Make Text Smaller" is greyed out, and I have to strain to read that.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Well I brought the text down to where you said "Make Text Smaller" is greyed out, and I have to strain to read that.

Re-read my post. Take it down to where "Make text smaller" is greyed out THEN go three clicks up.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Are you sure you do 3 clicks up from default? That's pretty huge text (see attachment).

Ok I figured it out. My default setting are 3 clicks up from where Chundles reads his at, and I go 3 clicks up from there. So therefore, 6 clicks up from where Chundles reads his at. Now I'm getting worried.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I'm just using Normal:

Picture 2.jpg

With these settings:

Picture 1.jpg

I very rarely have to use cmd+ to make the text bigger, only on poorly designed sites with excessive use of font-size 9 and smaller...

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Ok I figured it out. My default setting are 3 clicks up from where Chundles reads his at, and I go 3 clicks up from there. So therefore, 6 clicks up from where Chundles reads his at. Now I'm getting worried.

???

Now you're not making any sense. If I go six clicks above where I am now, "Make Text Bigger" is greyed out. Are you reading at the highest settings?

I just checked and my settings are the default Safari settings.

L

Lau

So your browser looks like the second attachment I posted above with the big text?

As in this:
attachment.php

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Ok is that where you're reading yours at?

No, I just explained it twice for the fun of it. I don't even have a computer, I'm posting on the net using a pen and paper.

Of course that's what my settings are! Go all the way down, then go three clicks up, how many times do I have to say it. They're the Safari default settings.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
No, I just explained it twice for the fun of it. I don't even have a computer, I'm posting on the net using a pen and paper.

Of course that's what my settings are! Go all the way down, then go three clicks up, how many times do I have to say it. They're the Safari default settings.

Pen and paper?! How quaint. I just have a basement full of Chinese children who memorize numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.