So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a retina MBP and have been mulling over the specs and decided that the 2.3 would be sufficient enough for my needs and have been looking at the SSD upgrade next. If I go with the 256 I could pick up a synology plus 2 3TB drives which would cost slightly more than the upgrade between the 256 to the 512. Does this sound like a feasible solution? Would I be sacrificing more resell value when I look to upgrade later in the future. Quick run down of my uses: University Uses, word, excel, Bootcamp/VM for ArcGis Bootcamp for Steam(civ 5, counter strike) Lightroom and photoshop I plan on ripping all of my CDs and movies later for use with a jail broken atv for xmbc. And would like a backup solution for all of my family photos movies. I currently have an iMac and possibly plan on selling it and picking up a TBD and a MBA for the wife. Mostly wanted to write down my thoughts because it helps me decide and looking for any advice you guys might have.