256GB SSD Speed Question

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Hberg, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hberg macrumors member

Hello, everyone.

I am going to purchase a 2.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Mac Mini, and all of my data (iTunes Library, Photo, etc.) will be on a 2 TB External Firewire G-Tech Drive. I currently have a 2009 Mac Mini with the G-Tech Drive. This will be a significant upgrade, and I am looking at performance now and in the future.

I wondering if the 256GB SSD Drive will add a significant increase in speed, and will it be large enough to hold multiple programs?

Thanks.

2. kerplunknet macrumors member

I suggest buying and installing an Intel 320 SSD. Faster. Much less expensive. Better.

I just read your sentence asking if it is "large enough to hold multiple programs."

You will be completely satisfied with the 256 GB SSD.

3. Hberg thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I saw your post on the Speculation Thread. If you don't mind, I have one more question. Will I see a significant speed (performance) increase with the SSD?

4. kerplunknet macrumors member

You will, without a doubt, notice the improved speed difference in all aspects of your computing experience.

5. Hberg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, again

SSD it is then!

6. DCIFRTHS macrumors 6502a

DCIFRTHS

I added an SSD to a PC, and anything that requires disk access is amazingly fast. One of the best investments I have ever made.