2600 v. 8800 noise?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Catch, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Catch macrumors 6502

I have tried to find information comparing the noise between these two cards but have not found anything informative. Does anyone have an opinion on how much more noisy if any the 8800 card will be in the MacPro? Id like to go with the best card, but I also want a comfortable working environment.

Thanks,

C

2. Bass108 macrumors member

i too would like some insight...but i would imagine it would be hard to know until the cards actually come out

3. relbbircs macrumors regular

I had this question, too, but Googling the 8800 found several reviews that talked about how quiet it is.

I do recording within a few feet of my Power Mac (soon to be Mac Pro, now ordered and waiting on delivery) and this is a critical issue for me, but I was satisfied -- and I hope I'm right about this -- that the card isn't too noisy.

4. Catch thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes well... I did the same and saw a few reviews that said it was quiet and then I came across the stuff on YouTube where people are talking about it sounding like a hoover! So now I am confused and wanted the more knowledgeable opinions on here...

Thanks,

C

EDIT: Would really appreciate if you could update with your opinion once you get it :) Best regards, C

5. absolution macrumors member

That would really suck if this card turns out to be loud. One of the main benefits of the MP is how quiet it is. This was a big factor to me in ordering.