Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Anyone else noticed the 2600 card is a little bit jumpy (really not much but it drops a few frames every 20 seconds or so) when playing video scaled upto full screen on the MP?

I would upgrade to the 8800 but i use pro apps and apparently the 2600 is better for these? :confused:

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
When I had the HD2600 XT installed, I didn't have any issues playing 1080p video - you might try a different app than you are now – are you using VLC? Plex? Quicktime?

iamcheerful

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
hdd may be it ...

please note that my following suggestion is unlikely but possible (esp. if you are trying to playback via a usb 1.1 hdd)

i guess u get the drift, it might be the hdd being the bottleneck. share with us your findings and let us know more details on the setup, it'll be very helpful to us all.

p.s. from my understanding, apart from the latest macbook and macbook pros (the air not exactly out yet), most processing is still done by the CPU as indicated in one of the macrumors thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.