27' ACD Dust Particles

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by captainhulk, Oct 19, 2010.

1. captainhulk macrumors newbie

Mar 9, 2009

Just received my 27' ACD and there are dust particles underneath glass. I was wondering if anyone else has this?

2. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2009
    Mine has a few specs of dust underneath the glass. When the monitor is on you can't tell even tell that their there. Even though I should expect perfection with a 1,000$ monitor, i've never actually gotten a perfect apple product. Anyways, the monitor is a tool so I can work more efficiently and it does that, so i'm happy.
  3. ryanide macrumors 6502

Jul 23, 2002

I have one spot that is about 3 pixels long and 2 pixels wide where the light changes as you move. The pixels are lit up but when I move my head from left to right it goes dark then light and back, like a rainbow.. Its almost like a scratch in the glass, but not on the outside surface. Maybe that is dust?? Maybe a defect in the glass, I don't know but it has been there since day 1. I see it, but its not worth the hassle of taking the monitor back. Otherwise I have not found any other problems.
  4. wgm661 macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2008
    image persistence

The first 27" ACD had what seemed to be cardboard particles on the inside of the glass, I replaced it. Now this 27" has image persistence and I have only been using it for a week. BAH!! :mad: