27' ACD Dust Particles

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by captainhulk, Oct 19, 2010.

1. captainhulk macrumors newbie

hi

Just received my 27' ACD and there are dust particles underneath glass. I was wondering if anyone else has this?

thanks.

2. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Mine has a few specs of dust underneath the glass. When the monitor is on you can't tell even tell that their there. Even though I should expect perfection with a 1,000$ monitor, i've never actually gotten a perfect apple product. Anyways, the monitor is a tool so I can work more efficiently and it does that, so i'm happy.

3. ryanide macrumors 6502

something

I have one spot that is about 3 pixels long and 2 pixels wide where the light changes as you move. The pixels are lit up but when I move my head from left to right it goes dark then light and back, like a rainbow.. Its almost like a scratch in the glass, but not on the outside surface. Maybe that is dust?? Maybe a defect in the glass, I don't know but it has been there since day 1. I see it, but its not worth the hassle of taking the monitor back. Otherwise I have not found any other problems.

4. wgm661 macrumors newbie

image persistence

The first 27" ACD had what seemed to be cardboard particles on the inside of the glass, I replaced it. Now this 27" has image persistence and I have only been using it for a week. BAH!! :mad: