27 acd or something else

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jetjaguar, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i bought a refurb mac pro and a 27 acd .. i eventually want to run dual monitors but not sure if I want the add or maybe a refurbed dell 3007fwp hc? what do you guys think ? I'm sort of used to the add since i had a 27 iMac for awhile ..

but i do miss the 30in size of the apple i used to have .. dunno what to do

2. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I personally do not like Dell monitors. We have a ton of them at work at they "sparkle" when looking at it due to the antiglare coating.

Unless the newest models have gotten rid of that I would suggest trying to see one in person before buying one.

I have two 27inch ACDs and love them, but some people who work with their backs to a window may get some glare.

4. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i do like the 27 acd .. nice monitor .. i was originally planning on buying two of them but since I currently have one .. was thinking of picking up a 30 acd but it seems all the used ones are like more than 4 years old .. dunno if i wanna spend 900+ dollars for something so old.

5. bbydon macrumors 6502a

A couple of us at our company got ACD. We love them.
    When it came time to upgrade the others they decided to try the HP's display.
    They hated them. I believe it was the same actual display (no evidence or research to back that up) but HP cut corners on other things, one being the cheap matte coating they put on it. It made the image grainy. It was also difficult to color calibrate.

They sent it back and got an ACD.

6. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i do like the acd .. i kind of miss the extra height of the 30 acd but can't really get one that isn't at least 4 years old

should the 27 acd be calibrated ?? never calibrated before