27 ACD questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AMDGAMER, Jan 12, 2011.

1. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

1) When watching HD movies from itunes, what is the resolution like? Can anyone compare it to a HDTV?

2) Does anyone have the MBAIR 13" (2010), wireless keyboard, magic mouse setup? Is it really "like a desktop" setup when you close the air and use the 27 ACD?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

It is as good if not better than a HDTV in my experience - iTunes scales beautifully, and if you can get any video of "above" HD in terms of resolution its even better (I love the 2560*1440 resolution - its beautiful).

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Where's the other 25? ;)

4. AMDGAMER thread starter macrumors 6502

I basically would want the ACD so that I could get the whole RAIN stand, magic mouse, keyboard and have a desktop that I could take with me whenever I want to disconnect and go. Anyone have this setup? It looks great in the store.

5. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

1) HDTVs run in 720p or 1080p resolutions, with 1080p becoming more common. The 27" ACD runs at 1440p, so it is a higher resolution than any HDTV currently on the market for consumers.

This means that HD content has to be upscaled if you're running it in full screen. 1080p to 1440p isn't going to look terrible, but 720p or lower can potentially look a little blocky due to that massive amount of interpolation being done. However, it will work, and if you're not pixel-peeping it'll be absolutely fine.

2) No, I don't have an Air, but past experiences with Mac notebooks provides the clear answer that yes, you'll get the "desktop" experience.

6. AMDGAMER thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds worth it. 999 isnt a cheap monitor though. Have to go take a better look at apple store.