27"ACD vs. 24"ACD and 32" LED TV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by teameurox, Dec 6, 2010.

1. teameurox macrumors regular

I am the proud new owner of 13"MBP and am looking for more screen real estate. Is the 27 that much better than the 24. The 24 can be had in the Refurb Store for 600. For the same price as the 27, I can have a 24 ACD, NuTech USB to HDMI video adapter, and a 32" Vizio 1080p TV.

The Vizio would mainly be used for watching videos ect., while the 24 would be the main workspace for Photoshop ect.

I just don't want to bite the bullet and purchase the 24 only to later kick my self. And vice versus

2. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

wait, you just said you wanted more space. 2>1. seems simple to me. the 27 inch gives more pixels but cannot beat 2 screens. unless of course you plan on using the laptop screen itself. in which case you have 3 vs 2.

i would recommend getting the 27 inch if you were only needing/wanting one screen. however it is a very hard pill to swallow for its price and limits.

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

The 24" is really nice. I happen to have a 30" and a 27", but if you don't need the larger size, then you might appreciate the better price point and the HDTV combo. I prefer to have fewer things on my desk, so that is one reason I like the larger monitors. I also really benefit from the larger screen for having multiple applications viewable at the same time. The 24" accomodates this, but the 27/30 are (for obvious reasons) better at this. I'd also prefer to watch 1080p on the larger screens as they are higher quality, but, of course, they don't have a tuner built in either.

4. teameurox thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not particularly needing two screens, Just the comparison and option for price. I have a mini stack that should be here tomorrow to help clean up my desktop. Either way I plan on purchasing an ACD. I'm looking to have a simple almost Dock-Like desktop workspace. So with the ministack and ACD that will be achieved i hope. The question the real question is the 27 worth the extra 400 bucks or not?