27" Apple iMac 5 2.66GHz 4GB $1,189 (refurb)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dpace32, Aug 8, 2013.

1. dpace32 macrumors regular

Thought this was an interesting deal for a couple gen old iMac. It is model MC511LL/A-R 27" with Intel Core i5 2.66GHz 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD. This isn't the latest gen thin iMac this is the thicker version with the superdrive built into it. Sold on eBay but sold by Newegg. I hope this can help someone!

2. Sam Spade macrumors regular

3. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

DON'T DO IT! I bought a iMac 27 inch from Apple Refurb and it is 100% awesome. But I cannot say the same for the MBP 15 inch Late 2011 model I got from Newegg Refurb. The HDD was messed up, and it kept freezing when I awoke the MBP from sleep, and when I put it under load by watching youtube videos and using photoshop. Eventually on Thursday I went out and purchased a SSD, and tried a fresh install of Mountain Lion. Well the laptop froze during the install....If you ask me its motherboard/logic board(as apple calls it) issues. They don't offer refunds on refurb MBP, only replacements....which may or may not have issues too. Don't waste your hard earned money. I regret it purchasing the MBP from Newegg. Don't do it.

Listen!

4. mike457 macrumors 6502

In general, I'm in favour of refurbs, since someone in person has had to look at them to make sure they're all right. However, I wouldn't buy a refurb from anyone but Apple. Apple gives their refurbs the same warranty as if they were new. I then always cap it with Applecare, so I'm covered for three years.