27" BTO iMac - yellow tint and backlight bleed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sazza85, Oct 2, 2013.

1. sazza85 macrumors member

It seems that people are starting to get their BTO I've received mine this morning. Has both backlight bleed and a yellow tint (side by side comparison with a 21.5)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously not a happy bunny at all! Have never actually had any of these issues before. Typical that I have both!

Obviously no question about it, it's going back. Would be interesting to see how many others experience this.

2. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Firstly there is always going to be some amount of backlight bleed on LCD screens. Try different angles but if you have large floods of brightness in dark areas you need to exchange it... is it noticable watching a dark video for example... from normal seating position?

About the yellow tint, try adjust the monitors colour profile. Yellow tints affect most products in the apple line, i've had it on iphones which unfortunately you can do nothing about.

I have it on my MBA. I created a correction profile and ran it for about a year. The other week i switched back and thought my correct profile looked far too cool. I now favour the default set up.

You can easily dial back the colour temperature using a monitor profile.