Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Has anyone picked one of these up at an Apple Store yet? All the locations here in LA seem to be out.

If you find one, please post where they are available.
Thanks!

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Yes. Walked right into the Galleria Store in Houston last week and picked up one. They got ten in stock that day, and 9 went in the first 30 minutes. I got the last one at 8pm that evening.

MEANS

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2003
Indy
I called the store here in Indy last friday they had gotten three total, they had one left when I called, i got there in 15 minutes and it was sold. They offered me a 5% discount and "free" shipping to my house....i told them to shove it and ordered it from the website that night. I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet, it should be today or in the next few days.

It just doesn't seem like the stores are getting that many in at one time.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
daily shipments

I have been calling around to all the LA stores and was told that they receive a daily shipment between 11am -1pm but they do not know what they will be receiving until it arrives. They told me to just call each day...

Today I called the Glendale Galleria store and she told me they had just received a few but that they can not hold any. I got there in less than an hour and got the last one. Then I cancelled my online order, since it had not shipped yet.

It is quite bigger than my 23" Cinema Display, especially the base which sticks out further in front of the display. While that normally shouldn't be an issue, I put my wacom bamboo tablet between my keyboard and monitor and now have to push the screen further away, not to mention that everything is also smaller than on my 23".

The colors look much richer, but I can tell it is going to need some calibration. Time to pull out the Spyder.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I called the store here in Indy last friday they had gotten three total, they had one left when I called, i got there in 15 minutes and it was sold. They offered me a 5% discount and "free" shipping to my house....i told them to shove it and ordered it from the website that night. I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet, it should be today or in the next few days.

It just doesn't seem like the stores are getting that many in at one time.

Why didn't you take the 5% discount? :confused:

oweneck

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
For anyone thats ordered one in Canada, mine has just been charged and prepared to ship, it should be sent out Tomorrow and should hopefully have it at the beginning of next week so I guess they're starting to ship them now, which is still 1-2 weeks a head of what they were originally estimating.

MEANS

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2003
Indy
I didn't take the 5% because I get 8% through my employer and the store manager would not give me both. Shipping is free anyway so they were doing nothing for me. So with my 8% discount and applecare the monitor cost was only $70 more than the regular price on the monitor. Now I just need the dam display to ship!

oweneck

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
I didn't take the 5% because I get 8% through my employer and the store manager would not give me both. Shipping is free anyway so they were doing nothing for me. So with my 8% discount and applecare the monitor cost was only $70 more than the regular price on the monitor. Now I just need the dam display to ship!

I got the same thing through my work too, except I think it was more like 10% or 11%, I know a few people that ordered later have got their shipping dates estimated at another week or so after most of the other earlier orders so I'm guessing there will be some delay if you didn't order on the same day, straight away, maybe?

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2008
Just picked mine up from the Rosedale Mall in Minneapolis... It replaces the ACD 30"... What a night and day difference! You can only see the glare if you really look for it! The text and graphics just pop on the screen! Talk about sharp and brilliant! Way better than the 30" IMHO!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.