27" Cinema Display - Image Persistence

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by netnothing, Dec 27, 2010.

1. netnothing, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Can anyone else with a 27" ACD tell me whether they have any image persistence with the display? I just got a new one, and if I switch the background to be a solid gray color (a dark color but not black), and then I place a few browser windows open all on the Google homepage. After 15-20 minutes of not moving the windows, if I view the desktop, I can see the "burnt-in" or image persistence of the Google logos....very faint. If I don't put anything back on the screen, they go away in under 5 minutes.

I had this issue once with an old 23" ACD....and I've read all over the web where it's a common issue with LCD panels.....but I'm not sure whether it should be happening so quickly with this ACD?

Not sure if I should be taking it into Apple or not. Generally I would never see it unless I had the gray background and had a bunch of windows on the screen just sitting there.

This is my 2nd ACD, after the first one had something trapped under the glass.

Thanks!

-Kevin

PS. Also, anyone have any good color profiles for this display? Very blue out of the box......don't have the cash for a calibrator right now.

2. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok so an update. I left a bunch of windows on the screen overnight with the brightness set to full and the screen saver and energy saver set to never. Using a gray background, I went this morning to check and while I was able to see faint burn in style images on the screen, they were no worse then what happens after 15 minutes. And, after just 5 minutes of closing the windows, the ghosting went away and I couldnt see any remnants of the windows.

Guessing I'll never notice this normally.

-Kevin