27" Cinema Display On Monday

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjahshik32, Jun 4, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

2. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

Ditto, I'm waiting on two of them, well them and the blah blah my god i just won the lottery ten weeks in a row Mac Pro........ not!.

Although I think if they only announce a 27" then that will be disappointing. I'm really hoping apple have kept a great secret and will actually announce not only a 27" acd but also a 32" or even 34". Proper led screens too. none of this led back lit stuff.

With the way screen development is going LED backlit will be yesterdays CRT by the time the MP is finally if ever announced.

I want two 32" LED screens plus a 50" led tv with full surround sound to run off a new Mac Pro, So that better becoming with a bunch of slots and at least three disk drives (one of them of course being Blu Ray). Damn just one the lottery yet again. D'oh

3. aeronauticsrock macrumors member

Im hoping! But mainly because I want a $200-$300 price drop on the 24". Big enough for me.

Do you have any reason to believe itll be Monday or just guessing?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i am eagerly waiting! any idea on pricing yet?

i am after another monitor to go with my 27” iMac! i was considering grabbing another C2D 27” iMac and use it as an extended monitor - if this 27” Cinema Display comes along (at the right price) then it may influence my purchase :)

5. aeronauticsrock macrumors member

I have a feeling this could become the "Unofficial "I'm waiting for 27" ACD" thread" :)

Ahh the good old days of "I'm waiting for Arrandale"

6. Excluse macrumors member

Monday is the start of Apple's WWDC which is where they unveil a lot of new stuff.
    For example, all of the previous iPhone models were introduced at WWDC each year.

7. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

if it were to happen and be at a price between the 24 and the 30 - I'd be very pleased. (means my choice imac or mp would be made for me).

x fingers but given that the dell 27IPS is still £900 in the uk, price could be an issue for that apple sleekness...

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

you reckon it might cost that much?! i would rather buy a used C2D iMac 27"... for about $1500! (in a few months)

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i hope they keep the 24 and it drops in price i might consider one to use with my mbp

10. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Probably more than the 27" iMac... :cool:

11. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

assuming that they use the same panel - i doubt it *prays to god*

12. Black107 macrumors regular

I'm currently using a 23" Aluminum ACD and I want to upgrade. I sure hope a 27" or even a new 30" comes out. Depending on price, I would go for the Apple 27" or the Dell U2711?

13. munstedt macrumors member

munstedt

OMG i'm excited as well! I hope there isn't a huge price drop on the 24'', or worse, replace it with something better, because I bought one a few months ago.:eek: I also hope they make a matte version for the 27'', although I like the glossy monitors, I'm sick of people bitching about how they hate the glossy apple displays.

14. -SD- macrumors 6502

Yes, I've been waiting since the 27" iMacs were released. I currently have a pair of HP w2228h monitors. I want to rearrange my set-up with a 27" ACD as my main display, and one of the HPs (in portrait) to the side.

Thankfully the HP monitors have DVI, VGA and HDMI inputs so I also connect the Dreamcast and Xbox 360 for some TATE shmupping action. Under Defeat and ESPgaluda 2 FTW.

:apple:

15. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

I'm waiting for that 27 inch monitor to be released just so I can hear if they're perfectly white or not. If so, I'll be knocking down apple's door demanding my iMac's screen be replaced.

16. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

How do you mean proper LED?

You realize, I hope, that there are currently no displays in existence that have actual miniature Red, Green and Blue LED's serving as the individual elements per each single screen pixel?

When they speak of a LED screen. It's always and only the backlighting they are referring to. Now the backlighting can come in a strip of white LED's or separated R-G-B LED's, with the latter being assumed to be better. The actual screen raster is still LCD technology, which comes in a number of technological flavours.

Perhaps you are thinking of OLED?

17. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I would just like Apple to drop the price of the 24" ACD by about £100 so it's more affordable to me lol. And if the 27" helps to accomplish this then they should definitely release one. :p

18. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I would be all for a 27 incher if it meant the 24inch one was more affordable.

19. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Was wondering how people feel about a 27" for gaming. Too big? I would imagine it being hard to keep track of things going on all around such a big amount of space, constantly tilting and turning your head. Maybe not though.

Thoughts?

20. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

well, unless you've got a top end iMac or Mac Pro, be prepared to game on some crappy graphic settings. Playing a game on low resolution on a 27" is gonna suck!

I'm suffering right now with a 24" display

21. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

Yep i meant led or oled doesn't really matter, guess the irony wasn't obvious in the original text tone. next generation tech screens are already here but at stupid money, samsung sony and lg had plans to announce 22" models a few months back but they all still have warehouses full of current stock to off load first. my local sainsburys has more tv's on display than the local currys. and then there's the global downturn which did untold damage to the consumer market.

My pun was that we've waited sooooooo long for the new mac pro that it better have some serious futuristic advancements when finally announced. in regards of a large ACD simply announcing an extra 3"s to the screen size of current technology really isn't going to set many tongs wagging

22. aeronauticsrock macrumors member

I went into my local Apple Store to look at my future display again.

After being told it is NOT an IPS panel, and that when the ACD is plugged into a MBP and an external keyboard ONLY the external keyboard would work (ie the MBP keyboard would stop functioning), I didnt even bother asking if they knew anything of the 27".

23. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I really hope there is a matte option. I'm not holding out too much hope though.

If there's no matte option and no height adjustment there really is no reason to get a 27" ACD over a Dell U2711, especially because Dell guarantees zero dead pixels for three years.

My only other concern is that the dot pitch is too small for text/office work.

24. munstedt macrumors member

munstedt

I was hoping steve jobs would say one more thing, after the iPhone and it would be new cinema displays... but it never happened :( :mad:

25. aeronauticsrock macrumors member

I know, so sad :(

Any guesses for the next likely opportunity?