27" Cinema display - with new anti reflection coating? Retina one?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bxr, May 1, 2013.

1. bxr macrumors newbie

Are there any rumors on 27" cinema display with the new coating like on the new iMac? Is so, when?
    Any rumors on a retina one?

2. mm201 macrumors regular

There's lots of speculation and assumptions, but no actual word or leaks.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I would only expect a Thunderbolt Display. I would expect the ACD to be discontinued.

/Jim

4. mm201 macrumors regular

If Apple were to beat the competition to the punch in bringing a 4K desktop screen to market, it would easily be a hit with tech enthusiasts. They would be fools to limit themselves to just Mac users.

5. bxr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thunderbolt is good enough as there are pc motherboards with thunderbolt (gigabyte and asus).
    The question is will there be a thunderbolt display with the new coating soon (next few month) and will there be a retina/4k display in the next few month as well?

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I would guess it will look like the new 27" iMacs and have the same exact display. I think 4K displays are still a few years off.

7. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

Isn't Retina comparable to 3K?

8. mm201 macrumors regular

In the sense of pixel doubling, an ATD would need 5120x2880 resolution, so more like 5K. This seems a bit far flung for the immediate future.

Maybe if they make a 21.5" retina ATD it could work. That would make their product line-up kind of lopsided with a better product in a lower size. This is why I think third-parties are probably going to beat Apple to putting out 4K desktop screens.