27" Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjahshik32, Jan 19, 2011.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

So any issues on this display that is well known? Its about time for me to upgrade to this monster sized display.

2. Ashok0 macrumors regular

I bought the ACD27" for my PC and I couldn't be happier. I personally love the glossy finish, colors look very vivid and there is no "sparkle" effect like the DELL U2711 or U3011 which imho are just horrible to use. Inputs are a bit lacking but I got my ACD27" hooked up to my XBOX 360 and PC with the Atlona HD620 converter + miniDP KVM switch. The only real issue I have with the ACD27" is that the XBOX 360 gets upconverted from 1080p to 1440p which causes some minor video pixellation. Overall I'd say the ACD27" is only satisfactory if you want to use it for a 360 or a PS3, but for a Mac or PC it's everything I ever could have wanted.

3. myalene macrumors newbie

I got mine yesterday, i upgraded from a DELL U2410 and i am blown away.
    Colours on the apple display are amazing.
    I bootcamp to win7 for gaming and there has been no issue with the display.

Best display i have ever seen.

4. Mawal macrumors regular

I bought one today...absolutely great, what can I say...seeing it, is believing it... I came from a 24" Samsung LED display and the difference is tremendous.

The price tag is outrageous, the performance, the design is outstanding.

5. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I ordered a refurb from Apple yesterday and it came today! I just got home from work and hooked it up. I am impressed with the audio quality too. Its simply amazing. Tough price to swallow though at $849 for the refurb, it looks as if its new.

6. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

You guys are gonna cost me 900 bucks talking about it like this!

Do they 24" ACD refurbs show up on the site? I'd rather that since I'd have it NEXT to my dell 24...27 and a 24 would look silly and is too big for what I need.

7. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

As of now just the 27" ones. I don't think we will see the 24" on Apple's refurb site much more. Honestly, this thing came in a brown box and was cheaper. The packaging was identical to new and the quality is as if it is new. Its amazing

8. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

849 isnt bad at all. I just dont need a 27", 24 is perfect.

9. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I'll second that the 27" ACD is the best money I've spent lately. I do development and the extra pixels come in really handy. If they switch to retina display on iPad2's you'll need all the pixels you can get.

10. blackreplica macrumors member

I absolutely love it. Best money i ever spent on a display in my entire life. Screw the lack of inputs, the beauty of the screen, the fantastic build quality, edge-to-edge glass, ability to 'dock' my MBP using the same cable adds up to pretty much the perfect accompaniment to any mac

Well worth the money. and then some. after using it about 3 months for day to day stuff, watching movies, and all that jazz. If my ACD disappeared today. I'd gladly play up to 1.5 times its price for a replacement. thats how much i love it. now go buy one!

11. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

My only issue is that I was forced to move the mac pro onto the desk next to the display since the display port cord is a bit short in length.

12. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Just buy an extension cord (Dr Bott if you need both in 1).

13. jenzjen macrumors 68000

+1, for years I have been a matte die hard, but since Apple did away with restocking fees, I thought I'd try the ACD 27 as an upgrade to my Dell U2410.

There is no comparison.

I really thought glare would be an issue, but it isn't a problem at all. Plus, everything is crystal clear since you no longer have to read through the matte coating. Should have saved myself the trouble by not buying the Dell's and going straight with Apple a few months ago.

14. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I love my 27"er (I havent had to move my Mac Pro up however, as the cable will reach... just) - now Ive got to find enough for a second one...

15. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I agree that the cable is too short. Im keeping my Mac pro centered under my desk so that the wires from both displays reach. Otherwise. Only 1 will just barely reach.... Time to visit monoprice :)

16. macagain macrumors regular

Why did I wait so long?

I ordered mine the day the sound fix came out. The only gripe I had was why did I wait so long??? :)

This thing is awesome. My eyes are so happy! I'd been using some other 24 incher for about 2 years and it was pretty good after I got it calibrated and tweak a number of times, but this is ***so*** much better!

If you think about it, you stare at the thing many, many hours a day, and really no price is too high to pay to keep your eyes happy and healthy... $1k is not expensive at all!

BTW, I got it from cost central (i don't work nor am i affiliated with them) for only $934.61, no tax + free shipping. I used my AMEX, so got a 2nd year of warranty coverage. It came nicely packed, no diff than anything I've gotten from Apple. Here's the link for your convenience... http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Apple_LED_Cinema_Display/MC007LLA/11214919/

The sound is nice. The cable management is unbeatable if you use a mb. I just wish it has more USBs, but a little hub in the back solves the problem, and I don't even see it...

17. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

dude the led display is like heaven. its so cool. just beware of the glossy screen. people seem to hate glossy screens but i kind of prefer them over the matt screens.