27" Core 2 Duo iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JasonR, Nov 10, 2010.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2008
    How are/were the 27" Core 2 Duo iMacs? I will use it primarily as a business computer, with it performing Photoshop / Illustrator duties as well. I don't have time for games, so that's not an issue for me.

I know some of the 27" iMacs had issues, and I don't want to buy a lemon. I can pick up a 27" iMac 3.06 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 1 TB Hard Drive, 512mb graphic card for $1350 shipped.

Opinions? I don't think the i5/i7 processor will make much difference in what I'm doing.
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    They are all sharing the same issues as most of the issues are related to the screen.
  3. joni1 macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2010
    I've got a c2d 27" iMac. Never had any problems with it.

I have the 3.06ghz CPU and it was shipped with 4gb of ram, however I have put 16gb in it now and replaced the harddrive with a SSD instead since I'm not using my computer as a storage device.
    I use LR, PS and Nikon Capture NX2 on my iMac and have never encountered any problems. And no, not even when I had 4gb ram. The upgrade was just because it was cheap and for fun :D

Hope that helps and good luck. It's a fantastic machine!
  4. mrbash macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2008
    I got a i7 27" iMac about a month and a half ago. The FW800 port was bad and it was a big pain to lug it back to the Apple Store to get it repaired. I loose ethernet connection intermittently, but I'm not going to lug it back to the store again, it's just too much of a hassle.

I think the 27" machines have a Q/A issue in general.