Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddivinia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
My MBP 13" HD failed. I bought it in Oct and well they are waiting on a new HD. Maybe I made am mistake getting it with the 500GB drive.

I am thinking I should add a 27" i5. They have them in stock, but all this talk of yellow screens, etc concerns me. It is a local Apple store. I can always take it back if it is that bad.

I am on my old imac 17" here. Man, this screen is small. I pulled up the yellow test on it and well, it "failed" it but I would have never known it.

A 27" i5 should last me a long time. The next challenge is to try to figure out a good way to synch all my saved mail. I have yet to find a imap server that will cut it.

Thanks,
D.

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
If you have the money to buy it, buy it.

Don't think to much or you never going to decide what to do.

If you can get out of home now e swipe your card to buy it, go for it, seriously

If something bad happens, replace it.

:D happy shopping

ddivinia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
OK - I have it up and running. It rocks. week 53 build.

Screen looks great to me. Maybe a tad of yellow at the bottom but only when I do the test screen thingy.

So far - I am really impressed.

D.

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
OK - I have it up and running. It rocks. week 53 build.

Screen looks great to me. Maybe a tad of yellow at the bottom but only when I do the test screen thingy.

So far - I am really impressed.

D.

ohh cool!!

First person o got to help in this forum :D

Congrats on the new machine. I believe when you bought it, it put it a BIG smile in your face, didn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.