Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
gallery_hero5_20100727.png

Please tell me this is just a bad angle and that the actual position of the screens line up?

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Looks like they dont, I really want that setup too! :( Thats a bummer!

facepalm.jpg

Is that the 27" LED Cinema Display?

Where si that picture from?

davidnssbm

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
I'm sure they thought of this. Probably just the angle. I bet those pictures aren't to scale too. And if they DON'T line up, just put a little book underneath accordingly.

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I'm sure they thought of this. Probably just the angle. I bet those pictures aren't to scale too. And if they DON'T line up, just put a little book underneath accordingly.

I actually think they are to scale, pointing out the cable connecting them together. Would be a lot easier to just snap a pic of them together, then to try to photoshop them and add a cord. either way, kinda a disappointment if there isin't built in height adjust ability. And with Apple, we know that's a high improbability.

A book works, but why? Dual monitors are so common these days, you'd think they'd be more geared for Imac users.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
27-inch iMac

Height: 51.7 cm (20.4 inches)
Width: 65.0 cm (25.6 inches)

27" LED Dispaly

Height: 49.1 cm (19.35 inches)
Width: 65 cm (25.7 inches)

Assuming the borders are the same as as the widths are pretty much matching it look like the borders are the same!

the iMac screen will be 2.6cm higher than the cinema display one!

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
So i will have nearly £3k of kit on my desk with only 2 discrete white cables Power and displayport, all in sleek glass and brushed alu!

And I am going to need a BOOK under my second monitor! :(

That is lame!

rnb2

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2006
West Haven, CT, USA
You could also use something like a Belkin USB hub under the Cinema Display - that would get you most of the way there. I have one under my 27" iMac, just to raise it up a bit.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Cause when you pay ~£3,000 for a computer and you are working on 2 sreens you dont want to have to look up and down every time you look between screens and it will look rubbish

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Why do you need them to line up?

If you've used dual monitors, you will probably be aware of how nice it is to have a single app, Photoshop or lightroom for example, open across two windows. When two screens don't line up, the menu bar therefore doesn't line up and it just looks odd to me and to many other people. If you like the look, then all the better for you. Honestly, I am even disappointed now by the foot on the Imac. I know its nothing new, but they just don't look right together.

Choctaw

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Cause when you pay ~£3,000 for a computer and you are working on 2 sreens you dont want to have to look up and down every time you look between screens and it will look rubbish

Just put something under the lower screen an raise it a bit.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.