Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TDPHunter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Orlando, FL
I work with virtual machines on a daily basis on my MacBook Pro that is work issued. I have Windows 7 running all the time and then I have my laptop plugged into two dual monitors. It runs fairly well but can lag at times. Windows 7 takes about 7 minutes to boot virtually. However, now that I own my very own i7 27" iMac. I have noticed a significant difference. I know you really can not compare a laptop to a desktop but I am in love.

Windows 7 literally takes about 10 seconds to boot and it is a flawless experience. I am going to be so much productive now.

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Agree that the iMac is super fast and really nice but do you have any screen issues at all? Like dead pixels, yellow tinge, or grey bars?

TDPHunter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Orlando, FL
My screen is beautiful. I don't have any issues that I know. I did the test thats in the threads and everything looks up to par!

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
Awesome, welcome to the club! :)

I've been enjoying mine since November of last year and have had no issues whatsoever either.

After getting used to the speed and beauty of this thing it's hard to go back to other, lesser computers as I have to on occasion.

roguepink

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
St. Louis, MO
My 27" iMac bought in February has been absolutely perfect. No color flaws, no gray bars, no dead pixels, no dust behind the glass, and my goodness, IT IS FAST.

My only possible complaint is how fast the mouse eats standard alkaline batteries. I need to invest in a set of rechargeable lithium batteries.

santaliqueur

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
My 27" iMac bought in February has been absolutely perfect. No color flaws, no gray bars, no dead pixels, no dust behind the glass, and my goodness, IT IS FAST.

My only possible complaint is how fast the mouse eats standard alkaline batteries. I need to invest in a set of rechargeable lithium batteries.

Same here, except I use a wired USB mouse. But the i7 just screams.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2009
Would love to see photos of these perfect screens.

It would be great to see photos of these perfect screens without yellow tinge or grey bars. Also do these Imacs have quiet HDs?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.