Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyGriggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
If there's no refresh this coming week, we're pretty much going to be forced into settling for one of the 27" iMacs (we're on our third) and hooking up a second (probably 24") monitor to do color sensitive work.

Does anyone out there have a dual-monitor setup running with the 27"? I was wondering if you notice any sort of graphics performance hit with the second monitor attached.

Thanks.

--
tG

gbarlow

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2010
Ottawa, ON
If there's no refresh this coming week, we're pretty much going to be forced into settling for one of the 27" iMacs (we're on our third) and hooking up a second (probably 24") monitor to do color sensitive work.

Does anyone out there have a dual-monitor setup running with the 27"? I was wondering if you notice any sort of graphics performance hit with the second monitor attached.

Thanks.

--
tG

Hey Tony, I"m currently running the 27" i7 with the apple led 24" display as the secondary monitor, I've been running this for a couple of weeks now. I have not had any issues with the response or graphics.

zaffle

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2009
i run a Dell Ultrasharp 2408 alongside my imac and nope, no performance loss whatsoever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.