27" iMac i5 won't recognize Blackberry Storm

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JayInNJ, Nov 27, 2009.

1. JayInNJ macrumors regular

I am trying to setup my Blackberry Storm with my new 27" iMac i5. I have installed the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager. When I connect my Blackberry directly to the iMac USB port it says on the Blackberry that this USB port can't charge the blackberry. The iMac never indicates that it recognizes the phone. Anyone successful with this?

2. I3eXa macrumors 6502

get an apple iphone! haha, jk....that is weird. Have you tried restarting your blackberry and imac?? There might be something that is causing it to hang.

3. DanielSosMac macrumors newbie

I'm having the same Issue with a Blackberry Curve. It won't recognize it neither as massive storage nor as a phone. The cable works fine tough...

4. HungryWolf macrumors newbie

I was looking into this the other day. Most sites recommend booting in 32-bit kernel to get it to work. It's supposed to be done by holding 2 and 3 on the keyboard while booting up. It seems to work for some people but not myself.

Give it a shot!

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Probably because they're blackberries...

I'm just teasin' :D

6. morespce54 macrumors 65816

morespce54

You got it wrong. Actually, you must hold the "3" and the "2", not the other way around... ;)

7. DanielSosMac macrumors newbie

8. JayInNJ thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update since this thread came alive again. I got mine to work by using the original blackberry cable that came with the phone and plugging it into a dedicated USB port on the iMac (not on a hub). Using other micro usb cables were giving me problems, although they worked fine on other computers.

9. HungryWolf macrumors newbie

Touche'!

10. DanielSosMac macrumors newbie

I was plugging the phone with the original cable into a USB port from the beginning.