27" iMac i7 Memory Upgrade Canada! Please help.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by squall20011, Nov 5, 2009.

1. squall20011 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where in Canada online or store bought, that I could find 4GB memory that will fit into my new imac. (Which still hasnt arrived and most likely wont till later in the month.) I just wanted to get the RAM before hand so I had it ready to pop it into the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.:confused:

2. joudbren macrumors regular

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You can check out crucial. That's where I got mine for my MacBook Pro and it only took 2 days to get to me.

4. squall20011 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! Going to check those out now. So would you say getting 2 - 2GB is a better idea then a 4 GB one? Also, does anyone know for sure which memory will fit properly into the new 27" i7's ?

5. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

There are 4 RAM slots on the iMac. You can buy 2 2GB sticks to up the RAM to 8GB. 4GB sticks are quite expensive at the moment.

6. squall20011 thread starter macrumors member

So will the 27" i7's have the same memory slots as the duo cores? Im afraid of ordering my 2x- 2GB sticks. If they don't fit, its going to suck.

7. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

^They have the same exact memory slots. Apple's entire lineup (sans Mac Pro) take DDR3 SO-DIMMs