27 IMAC noise

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jaycee520, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jaycee520 macrumors regular

Hi..has anyone experienced this quiet like rumbling noise at the back of the IMAC..its been annoying and dont know if i should return it...everything was fine when i got it but 4 days later this issues came up. still got 5 days to decide....thanks for any info..:(

2. MacBird macrumors 6502

I returned a 27'' i7 iMac because it was much noisier than my previous 24'' iMac. The fans were running high more often, the 2TB Hitachi HDD was not only quite noisy but also caused a resonance humming sound on sturdy desks that disappeared when I lifted the computer, very disappointing to say the least.

3. TDHXXX macrumors regular

a rumbling noise?

I think I can hear a quit buzzing in the back of mine when it's off... not something that is really bothering me that much though.

4. swee5420 macrumors member

on my 4th imac due to yellow tinge, i noticed the buzzing sound from the left hand side of the vent behind the imac.

The brightness will affects the volume of that sound, it is buzzing + high pitch sound. All 4 imacs have it, i think it is normal since the sound is not really loud, not only if you purposely put your ears towards the vent.

5. jaycee520 thread starter macrumors regular

..did some research and found out that its a known issue on the 1Tb Seagate HD...its pretty annoying. Spoke to apple care and theyre sending me a replacement...