27" imac problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by keebs1978, Feb 8, 2010.

1. keebs1978 macrumors newbie

problems!!!!
    hello all im very new to forums so please go easy on me and what makes it worse im very new to apple to.
    i have recently purchased a 27" i5 imac less than 2 mths ago, the start of my problems was i turn the machine off one night and i could still hear a buzzing noise ( like a transformer on a power supply, im an electrician and that best describes it!) i ignored it to begin with and some days later when i could still here it thats when i got concerned, so i decided to unplug everything and restart, thats when problem 2 showed itself when i plugged any powered device into the usb ports got got blue sparks! (im no genius but that surely isn't normal, is it?) so i got on the phone to apple and after some button pushing they asked me to take it somewhere for repair, which i did and 2 wks later it returned with a new logic board and psu??? and still sparking! also i have read on a few posts that some imacs wont wake up for sleep, mines the complete opposite it wont sleep from either the menu or tapping the power button the only way i managed to make it sleep was to unplug ALL of the usb devices including keyboard and then tap the power and it slept like a baby! having spoke again with apple for a long time they now have agreed to exchange it (in a months time due to "no stock" on the applestore so really what im asking of you guys is have any of you heard of any of the faults listed
    1 sparks from usb when powered devices are plugged in
    2 buzzing noise when imac is turned off
    3 imac NOT sleeping

is there any thing you would suggest many thanks keebs1978