27" iMac Recently Ordered

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stockcerts, Jan 21, 2013.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I just placed my order for a 27" iMac about a week ago. The only upgrade I ordered is the 1tb fusion drive.

I have enjoyed my current iMac now for over five years and it feels like it's a good time to replace it with a shiny new model. My current iMac has a small screen (not sure of the inches).

I'm still feeling a little unsure about ordering the 27" due to the large size and the cost. I'm trying to justify this in my head because if I keep this Mac as long as my current one it may make more sense to spend the extra cash and get the better specs. As for the screen size, I hope 27" on my desk doesn't feel over powering, kind of like having too large of a TV in a small room.

My order is still processing with a delivery date pending the week of Feb 8th. It's not too late to cancel, but I'm sure I will love having the new model as there has been huge strides in technology over the past five years.

2. crovian macrumors regular

I don't get why you had to create a new topic instead of posting on the January order thread

3. large farva macrumors regular

Thats absolutely fantastic. Um, are you seeking advice?

4. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

No, just wondering if anyone else is going through a similar thought process. Probably not worthy of a posting. Hope I didn't waste anyones time.

5. ImaWizard macrumors newbie

6. mikeorchard macrumors regular

7. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you bro

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

LMAO, I don't think you understood what he meant, or did you? :D

9. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm sure he was being cynacal.

10. Dr FranknFurter macrumors member

I bet you're regretting starting this tread lol:D

I have just received a 27" on a relativly small desk (actually a dressing table) in a small/medium room and it's not too big at all especially when viewed from the side! I mean it's 5mm thick, 5mm thick!!!!:D

11. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

You're right, I do regret starting this thread. Thanks for the feedback on the size issue.

12. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

LOL I love OP responded. I also don't get why others get worked up over threads like this. This is a general comment not towards quote but if you don't like don't respond, let the MODS handle it.

As for what OP posted I went through it. We're not buying an iPad here, $2,500 is something that you think about.

When I make Big Purchases, I don't want to REGRET it later knowing that I can't upgrade it or in this case a PITA to deal with later on like the HDD.

13. jimyo macrumors newbie

I have had mine for 6 daysa. And the height of the screen is the same as my old 24" just a bit wider. I love it did seem big at all

14. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the input! My new Mac will be delivered to my office, which means I'll have to take a cab that day to get it home. Either way, I will be excited when it comes. I plan on doing a restore of my data and apps from Time Machine. On a lesser note, I'm also looking forward to replacing my mouse with the trackpad.

Thanks again bros, and thanks to those of you that did not provide links to previous postings.