27" iMac, Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMacdude313, Jan 20, 2013.

1. iMacdude313 macrumors regular

Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, so sorry in advance if it isn't.

My dad's buddy is selling an 8 month old 27" iMac for $2000.

Here is a picture of the specs:

I'm wondering if it would be a good deal?
    If we could buy AppleCare to cover it?
    And why it says that it has both a 2TB hard drive and a 256 SDD? I was under the impression that iMacs only had room for one hard drive?

Thanks guys.
  2. vhp3 macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2008
    IMO a steal of a deal. I just sold mine on ebay for 2700.00 plus additional shipping. It's a heck of an imac for sure. You won't be sorry.
  3. jstnlzr macrumors regular

Dec 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Sure, only thing you wont be getting in the intel gfx
  4. torana355 macrumors 68020

Dec 8, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    The 27" models have room for a SSD and a HDD.
  5. BlueEagle macrumors member

Nov 27, 2012
    Newton NJ
    Seeing the original price, $2000 is a steal for an 8 month old iMac. If you have the cash, you should just right on it. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
  6. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

May 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Uh...it's a fantastic deal. You should do it. If it's only eight months old, you can definitely get AppleCare for it.

As for the SSD+HDD thing, those iMacs actually had room for two drives, though outfitting them with the SSD aftermarket was a near impossible feat. With that machine, (and a bootable 10.8.2 install media) you can set up your own Fusion drive.

Really, if a 27" iMac is what you want, I say you should do it. That machine is fantastic.

Uh...it's an iMac, let alone a high-end one. Of course he won't be getting the Intel graphics.
  7. Texran macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2011

if you don't want it I'm sure you'll find many here that would love a hook up.
  8. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

Feb 6, 2011
    It's a nice machine. Go get it.

Only .. he ordered 16GB of RAM upgrade from Apple? He must be very very rich to not care about $600 and spend it just like that :eek:
  9. Tofray macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2011
    I just bought almost exact same specs a month ago on CL, but it had 256 SSD + AppleCare, for $2000. Most similarly spec'ed macs are going for $1800-$2300 in my area.

Similarly spec'ed Refurbished iMacs are selling for less than $2k, but they usually get gobbled up within 15 mins of posting. I checked everyday for 2 weeks, and saw a handful of 2GB video card models vs. many more 1GB cards. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/imac/27