27' iMac - switch from 2 screens to 1

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ivan308, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ivan308 macrumors newbie

I am planning on ordering a 27' iMac. I currently use a 15' MacBook Pro and a 24' monitor. I am thinking that a 27' and a 24' may just be too much monitor space. I have been using dual screens of one form or another for at least 10 years.

Anyone else switch from 2 screens to 1 after getting a 27' iMac or 30' display ?

2. mr.thedaniel macrumors regular

I'm curious about this too...I've always heard that having two monitors is the optimal productivity setup, but with the 16:9 aspect ratio, the 27" looks like a perfect setup for a single monitor...input anyone?

3. majiktt macrumors newbie

majiktt

I've been using a 27" iMac for a week at home. Previously I used a 20" iMac and 20" display. At the office I use a Macbook Air and 24" cinema display. I have to admit that I prefer the 27" screen real estate to either dual screen setup, and really like having just one thing on my desk.

4. atomwork macrumors regular

I ditched many 4 years ago the dual setup and bought a 30", it's better to have one big screen. I found looking at one screen is also better for my neck.

5. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

i have to say i'm a bigger fan of a singular screen (he says whilst on his second monitor as the other is editing music [​IMG])

6. Deanster macrumors regular

I switched my 24" into a vertical orientation, so it's a tower to the right of my 27"... it's gorgeous. Mail, iCal, and any in-progress items go there.

highly recommended.