27" imac w/ mouse

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sotorious, Jul 5, 2011.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

i dont like the magic mouse, and i dont like wireless mice period. I did put na mx518 on it and for some reason the movement felt weird on it. I was wondering if i got a native wired apple mouse would it run better or is it something in my mouse option that things are acting funny?

2. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

Also use a Logitech (but MX400, laser) with my MBP.
    Runs smooth - but did never test it without LCC - did you install your LCC? Maybe that's the reason.

--> http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/584/3129

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

4. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

To be honest I had major dramas finding a mouse for my iMac 27".

Wasn't happy at all with the Magic mouse and after a couple of months of searching and trying different mice I settled with the Razor Mamba.. Not a big gamer personally, but the mouse is really good.

5. VeeGee90 macrumors member

VeeGee90

It's prolly the mouse acceleration, you can try installing USB Overdrive or Steermouse and disable the acceleration.

6. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea it may be that im always working on a pc and turn on the imac from time to time to do a couple of things. i may need to mess with it and find a way to turn it off. To answer your question o i didnt install LCC. i mean the magic mouse is ok for some minor browsing, but when im cutting audio or editing a photo its pisses me off. I read a lot of bad reviews on the wired apple mouse as well thats another reason im steering away. Plus i want a right click :p

7. Kendo macrumors 68000

Go to settings and change the mouse sensitivity. Hopefully that helps.

8. coolspot18 macrumors 65816

Did you install Logitech's software for OS X? The software has a default profile which accelerates the mouse better than the default settings.

9. kasakka macrumors 68000

Has Logitech indeed done a proper mouse driver rather than just putting something on top of Apples? Because that's how it used to be with their drivers.

In my experience Steermouse is the best for fixing the mouse acceleration. USB Overdrive seems to be no longer developed.

You could also wait for 10.7 because it has a noticeably improved mouse movement. Different from Windows but doesn't feel bad at all. Nothing like the "tractor in mud" movement of earlier OSX versions.

10. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

??? what exactly does that mean?

stock apple mice have "right clicked" since 2000 starting with the Apple Pro Mouse.

11. DJJAZZYJET macrumors 6502

omg, the magic mouse is awsome :) there is a right click, u have to go to the settings. Maybe you should have got the trackpad instead if u dont like this beast of a mouse :)

12. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

The Magic Mouse is not very ergonomic for male hands IMO. But if you don't use it too long, this flat thing is okay - hehe.
    A good old Logitech suits the hand much better - ask your doc!

And yes - Logitech has a "SetPoint" alternative for Mac OS X, called Logitech Control Centre (LCC). See link in my prior post.

13. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

Once I finally figured out how to turn off acceleration, I was happy with a 3rd party mouse. I still have the problem where the mouse tracking speed resets on reboot. Driving me batty.