27" iMac webcam question.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by redsxtreme, Mar 27, 2010.

1. redsxtreme macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just bought a 27" iMac last week. (I love it.) When I go on Skype, or iChat the people on the other end always say I'm really blurry. I have a 10mb cable line so that shouldn't be a problem. My gf is on a slow dsl connection with her unibody mb and she's never blurry.

I do have a room mate that is on the same internet connection, could this be the problem? When I film myself via screenflow, I'm perfectly clear, and photobooth. Any suggestions, thanks!

2. aixporter macrumors member

aixporter

Try this, open up iMovie and create a video recording of yourself with iSight. Then play it back and if its as blurry as your friends describe it, it's probably a defective iSight. If not, check your internet connection with speedtest or smt.

3. redsxtreme thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, recording myself it's perfectly fine. It has to be something with my router having 2 people on it that just kills my quality, which makes me sad. :(

4. Resist macrumors 68030

If your computer is connected on a home WiFi network, what is your connect speed to the wireless router?

Is it possible that your roommate is downloading heavily at the same time you are doing a video chat?