27" iMac with 24" LED Cinema Display Question...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mile2424, Apr 9, 2010.

1. mile2424 macrumors newbie

Right now I am using my 27" iMac with a 24" LED cinema display, and the sound is coming out of the speakers of the LED cinema display. Is there a way to use the iMac speakers or both?

2. natewsmith macrumors regular

that is just a really confusing post.

So you are saying that you've replaced currently the Panel and are using in substitute the 24".

Of course the sound is coming out of the top because the glass is too small.

I would and will always use desktop speakers.

3. mile2424 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I am using the iMac as my primary computer withe the LED cinema display as an extra external display.

Just wondering if you can use the cinema display as a display only and have the sound come out of the iMac itself.

4. natewsmith macrumors regular

Oh ok. Now that makes more sense.

I honestly haven't tried and I'm not sure. I don't think you can or at least I've never heard of anyone doing it. So right it looks like you have a picture on both displays? Can't you just turn off the picture on the iMac and then still have the sound? Or will that dim the external display as well? If there were a way in the properties to be able to set setting on both displays.

Don't have desktop speakers?

5. mile2424 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I had the cable from the cinema display going to both the display port connector and a USB. I removed the USB, still have the dual monitor picture and now the sound is coming from the iMac.

6. natewsmith macrumors regular

7. Macchino macrumors regular

no need to remove the usb. in sys prefs/sound, you just choose built in speakers in stead of screensound.

8. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

Alt + click here, it's in spanish, but I think you get the point..

Attached Files:

9. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

Can you guys tell me how these the 27 iMac and 24 led monitors look together? Im concerned about the height/size differences between the two. I am almost tempted to find a used 27 to use as a second monitor but that is a bit more expensive than picking up a 24 led....

I just do not want the 24 sitting lower than the 27 or the other way around!

Thanks

10. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Google?

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=imac+27%22+with+24%22+ACD&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&start=0

Second row, first image.

I only wish whoever took the pic had the ACD on so you could see where both screens meet.

11. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502