27 Inch i7 iMac always frozen after sleep [Boot Camp]

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by allgamesallfree, Sep 15, 2010.

1. allgamesallfree macrumors newbie

I've been searching for a solution for months and saw a thread with a similar issue suggesting taking out the external speakers. Unfortunately, I've never used external speakers and this was not my issue :(.

The problem I seem to be having is if I leave my iMac alone and let it put itself to sleep when it wakes up (using the magic mouse to wake it up) trying to put in my password with the Bluetooth apple keyboard won't work. Its completely frozen.

I tried to bypass this by setting it to not require a password after sleep but once I actually get into Windows 7 then nothing works. I see my suspended Windows 7 state but everything is frozen, the Ethernet just shows a never ending loading bar and my Keyboard doesn't type at all.

The only solution I've been able to use is holding the power button until it turns off (Which is quite a painful process I might add, it takes a while to shut it down this way). And then after I hear it finally power off hold the power button until I hear the fans kick in again, at which point it starts from the same state as if sleep worked normally.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit on a December 2009 iMac with all the most recent EFI/SMC firmware updates as well as the Boot Camp 3.1 drivers. I've tried and read nearly everything but I'm totally stumped. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong?

2. allgamesallfree thread starter macrumors newbie

Would somebody please help...This issue is so frustrating and makes Windows 7 on my iMac a significantly poorer experience. It makes doing my work so much harder... Please I know I'm not the only one who has this problem so please say something offer anything... I'm desperate.