27 inch loses graphics options?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Chris Dodd, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Chris Dodd macrumors newbie

After much too long, I finally went to purchase the 27 inch non-retina with 2gb or 4gb graphic options. Hmmm, seems the 27 inch is now limited to 1GB? Did I miss something? Or does this mean something wonderful will happen at WWDC.

If the non-retina has been neutered, then I'm back to the drawing board. Sure, I would love retina, but not this generation.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

A few weeks ago they introduced a low end retina option and discontinued the high end non-retina option. So I think it's time to look for a refurb or a clearance sale from a 3rd party.

3. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

Nothing wrong with this generation, it's great. Next one won't be much better.

4. Chris Dodd thread starter macrumors newbie

Very concerned about using Adobe Premiere and After Effects CC with an unsupported video card. That's why I wanted the nVidia option. I s'pose I could get the Retina and wait for the inevitable support from Adobe, but it's not my money I'm spending.

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Adobe supports opencl just fine. The only thing it doesn't support off the top of my head is ray-tracing in after effects.

6. vandal76, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

vandal76 macrumors newbie

I have the same concerns, and just bought a refurb late 2013 iMac i7 with 3tb Fusion drive and 4gb Nvidia graphics card. I'd rather wait and see when the new 5K's will bring in future.