27 inch loses graphics options?

Chris Dodd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
After much too long, I finally went to purchase the 27 inch non-retina with 2gb or 4gb graphic options. Hmmm, seems the 27 inch is now limited to 1GB? Did I miss something? Or does this mean something wonderful will happen at WWDC.

If the non-retina has been neutered, then I'm back to the drawing board. Sure, I would love retina, but not this generation.

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
A few weeks ago they introduced a low end retina option and discontinued the high end non-retina option. So I think it's time to look for a refurb or a clearance sale from a 3rd party.

Chris Dodd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
Very concerned about using Adobe Premiere and After Effects CC with an unsupported video card. That's why I wanted the nVidia option. I s'pose I could get the Retina and wait for the inevitable support from Adobe, but it's not my money I'm spending.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Adobe supports opencl just fine. The only thing it doesn't support off the top of my head is ray-tracing in after effects.

vandal76

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2010
Very concerned about using Adobe Premiere and After Effects CC with an unsupported video card. That's why I wanted the nVidia option. I s'pose I could get the Retina and wait for the inevitable support from Adobe, but it's not my money I'm spending.
I have the same concerns, and just bought a refurb late 2013 iMac i7 with 3tb Fusion drive and 4gb Nvidia graphics card. I'd rather wait and see when the new 5K's will bring in future.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.