27'' monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LoOnBoY, Jul 6, 2011.

1. LoOnBoY macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hiyas I got a 3 to 4 year old lg 24 LCD working display and was looking at the apple 27 and the price is bait pricy what is the best way to go so I replace with an apple 27 now or keep my old one let me know thanks loonboy

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Do you actually need a 27" monitor? If your current model is working, then keep it. You can also buy a 30" for less than an Apple external model (not that I'm advocating buying a non-apple product ;) )

3. stefmesman macrumors 6502

keep the screen you have, or either sell what you have now and buy refurbished, second hand or new. there is no other option.

It is expensive. but also worth its price compared to competitors 27'' 2560x1440 IPS screens, it looks good, and allows for easy connection of your apple laptop.

4. VeganHipster, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

VeganHipster macrumors regular

Why would you post the same thread twice? You seriously couldn't wait to get some suggestions? Gosh your lame.

5. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

A 27" display 16:9 is only half an inch higher and about four inches wider than a 24" display.

But if you want a better monitor, that's a different thing.

Check out the 27" NEC wide gamut monitor. It beats the Apple display by far. Warning: wide gamut monitors need better calibration devices.

6. LoOnBoY thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all your replys and for the guy who said i am lame i posted the topic from my iphone and pressed the back button to get back to the forum home page and it might of reposted it self when i clicked back and i am not lame so i am sorry if any one took it the wrong way