Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I have a 11” iPad Pro from October 2018 day 1 when they went on sale. I stood in line at the Apple store. I am sure based on how much of a non upgrade the last iPad Pro was most of us still have original iPad Pros from late 2018.

How are they holding up ? And throttling any batteries draining in less than 8-10 hours ?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I had a 2018 11” that I purchased in December 2018. It was great until November 2020 and started having ghost touch issues. Did an express replacement via AppleCare and had a replacement device 2 days later. This one is good as new. Neither one have had any battery issues.

Reactions: Captain Trips

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I have a 11” iPad Pro from October 2018 day 1 when they went on sale. I stood in line at the Apple store. I am sure based on how much of a non upgrade the last iPad Pro was most of us still have original iPad Pros from late 2018.

How are they holding up ? And throttling any batteries draining in less than 8-10 hours ?
My battery still holds 10 hours with no issues.

humayunr

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020
I had a 2018 11” that I purchased in December 2018. It was great until November 2020 and started having ghost touch issues. Did an express replacement via AppleCare and had a replacement device 2 days later. This one is good as new. Neither one have had any battery issues.
I had a similar case , but way earlier than you. Bought mine in Feb 19 (without Apple Care) and started having this ghost touch issue a couple of month shy of warranty ending. Sent it in for Apple to have a look and they sent out a replacement unit. Been working well so far, no issue of battery at all :)

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009

I got min on Christmas 2018. These days I'm not so happy with battery life: it used to easily last a day, now it barely makes it through a day. I certainly could be because I use it more both due to the Magic Keyboard and the pandemic. Coconut battery says 85% which is acceptable after 2 years, and Apple confirmed that online. I just wish it could last me a whole day...

Reactions: Captain Trips

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Bought about 1 month after release. Although I can't accurately say in hours, (as depends on my usage).
Some days I don't use it, other days I use it a lot. My battery seems like it is still in good shape though.

OpisthorcisX

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
København
Mine was running well until a few weeksago - but I think the issue is my smart keyboard. The keyboard doesn't work most of the time now. Until then it functioned very well. I do not get any message saying connection issues, it's just unresponsive. It's out of warranty, so I'm waiting on a new keyboard arriving and hopefully that'll stop the drain. iPad seems to be fin without the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.