Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Pro 27 Month old iPad Pro 11” owners how is your battery ?

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I have a 11” iPad Pro from October 2018 day 1 when they went on sale. I stood in line at the Apple store. I am sure based on how much of a non upgrade the last iPad Pro was most of us still have original iPad Pros from late 2018.

How are they holding up ? And throttling any batteries draining in less than 8-10 hours ?

VineRider

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2018
I had a 2018 11” that I purchased in December 2018. It was great until November 2020 and started having ghost touch issues. Did an express replacement via AppleCare and had a replacement device 2 days later. This one is good as new. Neither one have had any battery issues.

Reactions: Captain Trips
Comment

AutomaticApple

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I have a 11” iPad Pro from October 2018 day 1 when they went on sale. I stood in line at the Apple store. I am sure based on how much of a non upgrade the last iPad Pro was most of us still have original iPad Pros from late 2018.

How are they holding up ? And throttling any batteries draining in less than 8-10 hours ?
My battery still holds 10 hours with no issues.

Comment

humayunr

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020
I had a 2018 11” that I purchased in December 2018. It was great until November 2020 and started having ghost touch issues. Did an express replacement via AppleCare and had a replacement device 2 days later. This one is good as new. Neither one have had any battery issues.
I had a similar case , but way earlier than you. Bought mine in Feb 19 (without Apple Care) and started having this ghost touch issue a couple of month shy of warranty ending. Sent it in for Apple to have a look and they sent out a replacement unit. Been working well so far, no issue of battery at all :)

Comment

ahostmadsen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009

I got min on Christmas 2018. These days I'm not so happy with battery life: it used to easily last a day, now it barely makes it through a day. I certainly could be because I use it more both due to the Magic Keyboard and the pandemic. Coconut battery says 85% which is acceptable after 2 years, and Apple confirmed that online. I just wish it could last me a whole day...

Reactions: Captain Trips
Comment

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Bought about 1 month after release. Although I can't accurately say in hours, (as depends on my usage).
Some days I don't use it, other days I use it a lot. My battery seems like it is still in good shape though.

Comment

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
You can do it online also. Use the Apple Support app and they do the exact same test.

Not sure what they would tell me since I ran Coconut battery which says it’s fine. Close to 100% cell life. What kind of standby battery drain do you see?

Comment

OpisthorcisX

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
København
Mine was running well until a few weeksago - but I think the issue is my smart keyboard. The keyboard doesn't work most of the time now. Until then it functioned very well. I do not get any message saying connection issues, it's just unresponsive. It's out of warranty, so I'm waiting on a new keyboard arriving and hopefully that'll stop the drain. iPad seems to be fin without the keyboard.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.