27" or 30" Korean monitors (white macbook)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bbdiop, Jan 5, 2014.

1. bbdiop macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've searched around in this forum and others trying to get a clear answer about several questions I have about hess monitors. Some times the answers I found were contradicting or confusing thus I'm posting this in case someone can help.

I own the latest white macbook (13 inch, mid 2010), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB. I am looking for a 27" (or bigger monitor) with the highest resolution possible for work :eek:

Could anybody suggest any particular monitors that work with this laptop? Or maybe help as to what exactly I need to check the Korean monitors for? I guess I would rather avoid buying the extra cable/adaptor, so taking that in mind what am I looking for?

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks, B

2. Galatian macrumors 6502

Galatian

The graphic card supports a resolution up to 2560x1600, so you can run either Korean panels with 27" size and a resolution of 2560x1440 or 30" panels with a resolution of 2560x1600.

No you have a mini display port and if you don't want to be bothered with different adaptors you will need a display that has a display port and then you'll just need to connect your MacBook and the Display with a miniDP to DP cable.

If you want to buy a Korean panel I suggest checking the Ebay seller "accessorieswhole". He is THE premium seller of Korean panels. Fast delivery and huge supply. I purchased from him a Achieva Shimian QH2700-IPSMS DP Thunderbolt Edge Display from him, which not only has DP, DVI and HDMI input, but also appears to be the same screen used in the newer iMacs as the glass front is fused onto the panel. Of course you can look around at your need in his supply.

3. bbdiop thread starter macrumors newbie

That's excellent! Do you have any idea about custom tax for uk?