27" Screen resolution?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DesignFusion, Feb 23, 2014.

1. DesignFusion macrumors member

Hi guys, hoping someone can help. I have a NEC PA271W (2560x1440) screen plugged into a new macbook pro 15" Via a DVI to MiniDisplay/Thunderbolt. However I'm only getting 1920 x 1080 res?

Any ideas? I have tried looking for a driver but couldn't find anything. I have also tried resetting the NVRAM with no luck.

Would appreciate any ideas :)

2. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

guess you use single-link DVI. What you need is a miniDisplayPort/Thunderbolt to Dual-link DVI adater
    something like this

best would of course be to just use the displayport on the display (i think the NEC has one)

3. theluggage macrumors 68030

Single-link DVI (which is what you get with the standard adapter) won't hack 2560x1440 resolution.

However, the monitor you mention has a DisplayPort input, so something like this should work:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Mini-DisplayPort-Adapter-Cable/dp/B002XVYZ82

...at a fraction of the price of a dual-link DVI adapter.

Some monitor/mac combinations have a problem with Macs & displayport or HDMI resulting in a blurred, low-resolution-looking screen even when the resolution is correctly set - if you're unlucky, there's a fix for that here.