27" Thunderbolt Display + XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by koiphish, Dec 23, 2011.

1. koiphish macrumors newbie

Anyone know how I would hook an XBOX 360 to a 27" Thunderbolt Display? I would like to use some sort of switch that I can switch between the 360 and my Macbook Pro via Thunderbolt.

Let me know if you have any ideas or know of a product that can do this.

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can't. The Thunderbolt display will only accept a Thunderbolt based video feed.

3. DeadPixel217 macrumors member

I know you can separate the HDMI feed (requires modding the cable) and split the video and audio so you can use a computer monitor and separate speakers. I don't se why this wouldn't work with a hdmi to mini-display port adapter. Don't take my word for it though :)

4. dubAdub macrumors member

dubAdub

AFAIK The TBD only takes TB input not mini-display port.

5. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

It's too bad apple did this. I'd buy the TB display if it allowed input from an HDMI device. It's too much money for a one trick pony monitor. I know its a TB Hub but I just dont have the money to buy a TB Display AND another monitor to game on.

6. lickitysplit macrumors regular

Thats why I bought the ACD instead. Same panel but it accepts MDP. I have my Mac Mini and a custom built desktop with an XFX 6950 using a switch on it. Works perfectly. I have no user for Thunderbolt anways.

7. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Several companies are working on adapters that will let you do this as they did with the previous 27".

8. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

True, but they are not out yet, and I have not heard of any date yet.

9. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

The TB display is so far superior to me over the previous display that if this is that important I would wait rather than buy an ACD for XBox. If you can.
    I have Gigabit ethernet, USB, Firewire etc all over on thin TB cable to my 13" Air which is just an amazing value proposition for me. Its basically a docking station and display now so if that appeals to you its worth the wait.