27" with 6770M -- doable?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kylera, May 21, 2011.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

While I'm waiting for the latest iMac refresh to become available in Korea, I've been poring over the specs, and this forum, about OS X information and preparing for migration.

Here's my big question: will I run into performance issues with the base 27" model? It's not that I'm going to do full-screen gaming or video editing -- I need the real estate so I can primarily keep multiple word or web documents open. Also, given the prevalence of MS in Korea, I'll have a VM for IE (cure you ActiveX). Gaming will be an occasional thing, as I have other avenues for that.

I'd suppose with just that, it should be enough...please don't say I'm wrong :)

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Well I just can say ... whichever iMac that´s not hi-end 27¨ is a capable & excellent machine for working. It can satisfy your needs, both on MacOS or Windows ... rest assured :)

Hi-end iMac is a $1500 Mac + $500 gaming machine, which quite capable and satisfy most of gamer out there

3. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

So basically with what I have in mind, I shouldn't run into any problems whatsoever despite 512MB of VRAM, right? I just can't seem to justify paying a lot more for 1GB.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

No, there would be no problems at all for that. Even a 128MB card could do that.

5. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

6. xstux, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

xstux macrumors newbie

I'm in Korea, too. I noticed that the new iMacs are available to buy today! However upon clicked that I wanted a trackpad delivery went from 3-4 days to 3 weeks!!!

The crazy thing is you can buy the trackpad separately and it ships in 24 hours!